Monday, April 2, 2012

This is not what I ordered...Oh...you...don't...care.

Hi,

Once again, I am back for another epic night of talking about something that probably is very relevant and you can most likely think about when you probably should be thinking of something else.

I've been writing a health care article for my health care reporting class, which is weird to me that I actually got some work done during this job...also, that I'm in a health care class. In recent news, Obama's health care plan is now being reviewed by the Supreme Court to decide whether or not it is unconstitutional, and apparently they can strike down parts of the bill, not the whole thing. In more recent news, I honestly don't care

I think it's relevant and makes sense that what happens will affect all of us, but I don't want to know the process leading up to it. Health care is dry, plain and simple and probably because it's so political, which also is dry. Regardless of what I say or do, I'm still not going to be their number one priority.

I'm all about knowing what goes on in our country and understanding the "process" of getting shit done, but with all these rules and restrictions that are put on anything and everything you just get fed up with it and say "Screw it, I'm watching TV."

I wish fixing a problem was easier than it seems, but truth is even if a bill is good and we know that it will do what is best for our country, individuals agenda's will block it because they didn't get what they want. That is just the most annoying part of government.

Don't take this as I know what I'm talking about, because I don't. I don't know what bills are best for our country, but I do know that stupid shit gets thrown onto what are considered good bills (I use to know the term for it, but have long since forgotten), and they get rejected for the small shit that's just tagging along.

Our government is run like the DMV, I know this comparison has probably been done in about a thousand stand ups across the country, but all I can imagine when I think of government is waiting for hours in line only to get to the front and realize you didn't get the right form, because instead of trying to explain your predicament to the woman when you first got there hours before, she jumps the gun and tells you what form you need, which turns out to be the completely wrong one because its not like its her job to help you correctly the first time.

We all make mistakes I get it, but when I'm trying to explain my problem, and you tell me that it's this form without fully hearing me out, and you're wrong, it's just enough anger to contemplate the pros and cons of murder.

Great story from a few weeks ago. I've used my AOL email for years (I know that's ancient of me), and I checked it numerous times daily. One day, I go to check it, and it's been cancelled. I call the number they provide me with, and when I talk to the guy on the phone, he can't tell me anything about the cancellation because my name is not on the administration account that made my screen name. My mom's was because I've had since I was 14!

So now, even though I'm 22, I have to call my mom to ask her to call them so I can access my primary email account. Super awesome customer service, thanks for being so protective of my shit that you cancelled without giving me any sort of warning. I hope AOL goes bankrupt, because now they are trying to start charging people to use their service...Does anyone else want to tell them that email is free? That no one will pay to use a service they've offered for free for years? That companies like Google and Yahoo don't charge you to use their email service because they are thriving businesses? No, well I would hate for them to find this out down the line, but let's not give them any warning, because apparently they don't care to give any warnings, they sure are a spontaneous group.

I can't blame them though, we live in a country where depending on how much you pay depends on what kind of customer service you get. Megabus, terrible customer service, but what the hell do they care? People are still going to buy their tickets because they are cheap. Netflix, was cheap, then they started charging out the ass to use their service, and all they said was sorry. At least an apology was nice.

What I've gathered from this Health care shit, the DMV, AOL, Netflix, and Megabus is just because you pay to use someone's service doesn't mean you get treated with dignity and respect, what matters is the money you are willing to dish out to get better customer service.

That's our country, still don't get it, but apparently it makes sense to some people. My guess is that one percent that people still tend to be bitching about, and some other people who probably don't like anything I have to say.

At the end of the day, they should know that they've won, and should be proud. It's simply tiring arguing with idiots, because if there is one thing I've learned it's that Idiots are the most energized people in the world, and have the ability to argue forever.

Have a great week, and good...

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

No comments:

Post a Comment