Friday, March 30, 2012

Star Grill Saved My Life

Hello,

So last night, I sort of witnessed the shooting that happened down by Granville and Broadway. I was going home from the bar, so I had been drinking. Please, it is important that you keep that in mind. Throughout this whole story, because there are definitely holes, and that's one reason I think I would be no help to the police.

So I'm walking back and of course I'm hungry. Alcohol makes anyone hungry, so I make the wonderful, never regretful decision to go to Star Grill. I go in, get the usual, and leave. It takes about 10 min, I know because for some odd reason, I was completely aware of the clock, probably because I was starving and was waiting for my damn food.

I leave and set off down Broadway towards Granville. The whole time I was walking, the only thing I could focus on was my food, that's all I cared about. Just strutting along, smelling that "aroma a la star" which has that perfect mix of awesome wrapped in a thick,sad layer of sadness. I get to right around the "Antique Mall" area, and I hear a "pop," look up a bunch of people scatter down side streets, and the two cars in the middle of the road, one pedestrian car and one taxi take off. The taxi pulled up right by me, and got out. The other car, just sped off.

I think the other car was the target, but once again I remind you I had been drinking. I'm not sure what I saw, but I want to say I saw a guy pull a gun back when he scattered. Another part I'm a little fuzzy on, is whether they were at Granville or Rosemont. I want to say Rosemont, but apparently it was Granville. I'm not sure, about many things. The only things I am sure about are the sound, the cars, and the food.

I talked to the Cabby and he was fine, and he had some "dent" in the back of his car. I don't know if that means it got shot, or he did that some other time, and now is gonna try and bank of that insurance.

I do want to say, that the email we received today about it, confirmed my experience, but more so this part of the email definitely was important

"Campus Safety wants to take this time to remind everyone that it is imperative that you remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Stay alert and able to recognize behaviors that may be considered suspicious or unsafe. "

It is important to understand, how I followed none of these guidelines when I was walking home...alone.... at 2:40 in the morning with some of the most desirable pieces of food available to students.

The reason I say Star Grill saved my life is because had I not gotten it, maybe just maybe I would've been down by that intersection whenever that shit went down. Maybe I would have gotten shot (which is sort of a messed up fantasy of mine). Not fatally shot, just through the shoulder or something of my left arm, missing anything really important.  I don't like playing the victim, but the sympathy and story alone would be so truly epic how could you not love it. I guess the actual getting shot part might be undesirable to most.

If I would have died, probably no one would have known until like 4 days later just because that's my guess. Anyway, I don't find the incident a laughing matter, I find my stupidity hilarious, but people did get shot and that's never a good thing (they are alright, apparently).

Still, I guess I should uphold Campus Safety's reminder and actually encourage people to do everything they say, and don't succumb to the temptation of staying healthy and avoiding that late night snack, because god knows where I would be right now without Star Grill.

It saved my life, and I owe it everything. I dedicate this post to it and all other awesome fine late night open establishments that may have saved other nights.

Let's make food not war! 

Up with philly cheese down with bashing knees! 

Pro-Grease, Anti-Decease!

All those and well that's about it there isn't a food and gang terminology crossover, even though you think there would be. Even those are a giant stretch, I admit it.

Be safe, watch yourself, and eat food because fat people are entirely to lazy to be violent.
Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

No comments:

Post a Comment