Friday, April 27, 2012

The End is Near

Dear people,

Today was very possibly my very last day of class ever. As far as I know at this point, I will not be going back to school ever again. It was so bland, as if were like J.D.'s last day at Sacred Heart. In the words of Dr. Cox "It's just another day."

That is how it felt though, not much feeling here or there about anything in particular. It was literally just another day. When I was in my last class late at night, I was quite for a good portion of it, really trying to take it, because even though I wouldn't think it was the class part of college that I will miss, I'm sure that I will at some point.

I miss classes from Freshmen year, when it was alright to not know what you wanted to do with your life. Class in general is usually a fairly boring time, even if you are interested in the class, something about the weekly commitment to pay attention becomes a bit of hassle even on your best days.

Today was a hassle, I think if I wasn't such a memory whore and nostalgia snob, I probably would've skipped my last class. But, I wanted that memory. I wanted to know what we did, and who was there, and what it was about. Truth was, it wasn't very interesting and I knew it wouldn't be. Bruce Japsen talked about how to blog, which to any person born after 1990 would clearly know how to do. If I can do it, then it can't be that hard. It doesn't take much, but he talked to us about our finals and all other lose ends were tied up.

That's how it ended, nothing special at all. I will be continuing this blog into next week, and then my final entry of the knight shift will be on Monday, May 7th. I have a total of 4 more posts, not including this one, because I picked up another shift, before my last one. I will be shedding my armor on the battlefield that is the Information Commons, dropping my sword and shield, only to stand amongst the living of those who will continue forth without me. I'm picturing King Leonidas at the end of 300, and if that's not narcissim at its finest than I don't know what is. I should probably start working out more for that moment, and I feel like I may get some strange looks, but it will totally be worth it. I'll be standing on the first floor where that statue is, and then I'm gonna need about 60 Persians with bows and arrows to be on the second floor in aiming position, ready for my last word to release a blackout of arrows upon my body.

It will be my final post, and it will be sad, but also joyous because this has been my year, and out of everything I've done and been through in college, I would chalk this blog up there as one of the few things I'm quite proud of (mainly my consistency).

I'm sort of hoping for a Conan O'Brien end of the Late Night Show finale, but I can't expect perfection, so I'm just gonna go for the 300 cliche ending. I'm sure I will be repeating myself (like I always do) in that post, with similar things in this post, but I assure you that one will be much more different and better mainly because it has to.

Anyway, take for granted your final moments if you have them, if you are continuing on in your studies then cherish the ones you've got and hold onto them forever because well remembering is a fantastical part of being human.

Also a very shitty part, but that's not really important right now.

You all take care till next time.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad


No comments:

Post a Comment