Friday, April 20, 2012

Damnit, Hollywood

Hi,

So this movie LOL is being made, don't really know why, but I do know this, if God Bless America had a gun and had to shoot down one movie in the world, it would be this one. The sad part about this, is that it is a remake. Which means it was made before, probably didn't do so well, and then made again, because Gee that seems like a good idea.

I have not seen this movie, obviously because it hasn't been regurgitated back up yet, but I really feel that this movie isn't getting much deeper than its trailer.

I don't know who or what thought this would be a good idea, but I'm fairly positive that if this the Hollywood standard these days, I'm not really sure I want to be apart of it anymore. The saddest part about this movie is that it may turn out to be the most "real" movie that is released ever.

I talked before about how movies set in real time are suppose to mirror "real life," but they don't. This may be the one exception, because I have a strong feeling this is exactly how life is. It is this shallow, overly dramatic, shitty, constantly connected via social networking, with little human connections and the ridiculous yet non-vital problems of the everyday life of a teenager.

This movie is kind of genius, because it literally is as cliche as the rest of the world. There can't be any one original line in this that you haven't heard before. I bet on your Facebook creeper feed you can find most of the dialogue from this movie, and not to be a total ass, but it's probably coming from teenage girls. It's a movie about everyday life, and just how crappy we are as human beings, and how shallow we can be about just about anything and everything.

The reason why movies make things more fantastic, is because our lives are shitty, and we don't want to watch them. They put beautiful people in the same situation as us normal shitty people, and just spit it back out to us. Its movie that's been in the making for the past ten years, we've all helped write this script, and now we have to painfully sit through its reality. That is the ultimate form of capitalism, we have been exploited to the point of where they steal our ideas from how we live and then sell them back to us. Touche Hollywood.

I don't know if sad is the write word to describe it, but I'm going to assume that Miley Cyrus when accepting this role, believed it to be earth-shattering because A.) She's going to make bank to play basically herself  B.) She is fully aware of just how accurate this script may be, and believes it to be so unoriginal in life that it is in fact original for a movie, and C.) There is possibility for a sequel called "ROFL" and a third installment call "LMFAO."

I can't honestly condone this movie, for the sole fact I don't want people spending money on something they could watch anywhere, anytime by just watching people. If you want to waste your money give it to me, and I'll go see it for you. I'll be your Jesus of this movie, I will put all your pain on me that you would have endured from watching this movie.

I just made a joke about this, so I will use it now. This movie is the Comic Sans font of all movies. That's what I leave you with.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

No comments:

Post a Comment