Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Hello all,

I don't think I can string together a thought long enough to write a well thought out post, so this is just some Spring cleaning shit of whatever I'm going to talk about.

I am currently struggling to write a paper right now, but this week will be epicly awful if I don't do it. If anyone has any scholarly thoughts on James Baldwin and lovely tale Sonny's Blues I would just love to hear it. James Baldwin is a black, possibly homosexual, writer in the 1950's, who grew up in the Harlem ghetto. The only way this man could be more oppressed would be if he were in fact a woman. The story takes place in the ghetto of Harlem, and yet I still can't make these connections. There is something clearly wrong with me. I think I just may need to power through it, and put off that paper until tomorrow...

It's not that it's not interesting, it's more so I don't care. It's not really my fault though. There is very well 2 weeks left of what is possibly the longest plan of my life. 22 years of knowing exactly what I was supposed to do next...and now what? That is one terrifying reality check.

This paper as well as many other things may prove to be the end of me, which really wouldn't be too bad. Go out right before the end of college, I couldn't think of better time. I definitely don't want to live forever, going out young would be kind of cool, as long as it would be cool and some freak accident.

Not that I want to die anytime soon, but if it was gonna happen soon, maybe it should before I do all this work. I know I'm not lucky enough to go out like Harry Stamper.... that Armageddon reference was way over due. It felt good.

In other news, I watched God Bless America tonight. I absolutely loved it. Joel Murray killed it...literally, he messed up a lot of people. There were moments during the movie I was skeptical of the message, but by the end I was fully supportive. I guess that's nothing new, because from the first time I saw the trailer I was fully behind it, except now I have legitimate reason to be.

I won't go into any details about the movie, but I strongly recommend that you watch it. I actually watched another Bobcat Goldthwaith movie the other day. The World's Greatest Dad, didn't even know he directed it til the end, but they definitely had similar feels, with very different endings. Bobcat is actually in this one, so it's sort of cool. His voice isn't very ridiculous either, which I was blown away by.

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon Red....not much more to say about that.

Hope everyone is doing well. I only have a handful of these posts left. I promise the remaining few will be much better than this shitty one. Take care, fun flights, and don't the boogie man bite bite bite.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

No comments:

Post a Comment