Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My body hates me, as it should.

Hello,

In the past few weeks, things have been fun. Just a whole lot of college going on, and other artsy, black, white, back to black, wounded, fun, retro, surprising, ridiculous, and any other adjective you want to throw in there. Regardless, my on-going lack of treatment to my body, physical and mental well-being has been brushed under the couch with everything else that takes little to any effort to maintain. I need to make a drastic change, or I fear I may die.

It's not like my eating habits have ever really been that great before. In high school, I barely ate lunch, and when I did it definitely was not anything good or in great amount. I don't think I've had a consistent eating time since freshmen year of college, when they would give you meals. Even then, it wouldn't be surprising if I just went for the company and didn't eat much. Then when I do decide to eat, it's probably not going to be anything healthy because as we all know eating healthy involves money. Then with school and other things, sometimes I just forget to eat. I am a victim of the accidental fast. Whole Foods can go die, because they advocate eating healthy, but their prices don't seem to want to cooperate.Something that, since coming back from Rome, has been a bit hard to come by. Hence, me taking a night shift two days a week to try and pay for my personal expenses.

Which brings up another big point in my body's demise. I work this shift two nights a week. A regular sleep schedule is not really in the cards for me. This is not the kind of job where it should be a couple times a week shift, but an all or nothing. Let your body adapt, not rip it in and out of its cycle every other day. On top of that I don't start any given day of the week until 4:15 in the afternoon. So, I either over sleep and feel like shit, or don't get enough sleep and feel like death. Soon, following the week of Thanksgiving (which I don't have to work (emoticon smiley)), I will be moving to three days a week with the addition of Monday night for the remaining three weeks of the semester, just in time for the most stressful part of the year. Optimally the best time to not worry about getting enough sleep.

None of this compares to my lack of exercise, which can be added up to none, other than the great amount of walking I get to do for all of my classes, which I'm actually not being sarcastic about. I do a fair amount of walking due to my major and need to travel for shooting purposes. Still, this campus has been under construction since I started here and won't be finished for three more years. It wasn't until the recent raping of  this campuses landscape and buildings that I've had a problem with this. I used to love going to play basketball or football, but now getting a court is virtually impossible because our athletic facility is actually worse than my high school's. Then when you do go you would have to wait forever to get into a game, where my guess is there are a lot of cliquey kids who not only don't want you on their team, but refuse to pass the ball to anyone but their friends. I'm the first to admit my lack of skill at basketball, but I hate those kids who think they are the best when clearly they are not. I enjoy playing as much as the next guy, its a good time and you get a good sweat in. (Those of you who know who I'm talking about, I'm right and you know it.)

I know, regardless, that there are other ways to stay in shape, but my time is not precious, my laziness is. Convenience and laziness are most likely the biggest contributors to my demise as a human being, as I think it would be for anyone. In that sense, you can take everything I just said with a grain of salt. We are all responsible for who we are and our own personal convictions about our own body and self-being. Although, at times we can't always help it, or it may not always be our fault, and of course there is always the exceptions. I take full responsibility of what my body and mind has gone through, I'm not going to sue anyone over my problems, because they are MY problems.

That is a steel-toe kick to chastity region of everyone who sues for dumb reasons. "McDonald's made me fat." "McDonalds coffee is hot" "Drive wasn't like the Fast and Furious." etc. Other bullshit things that make just about everyone else die a little more in side.

That is all for tonight, I hope you all have a great rest of your time living, and for God sakes please take care of yourself, because you can't sue yourself thin. Unless you get lipo!

After a day of drinking the other day I asked August for some NyQuil, he said, "Are you sure? It's really bad for your liver after you've been drinking."... I proceeded to laugh pretty decely, and no that's not suppose to be "decently." He's actually right, just the hilarity behind what he said had to be shared.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

P.S. Whoever did this in the IC today...I don't like you, like at all.

1 comment:

  1. Jarrad, just go out to the hardwood and say listen fellas, I gotta do this for my Tracy McGrady and Kobes...they will understand...and kukovonicic.

    ReplyDelete