Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, End of the World, and Mel Gibson

Hello again,

I first off would like to start this post out with a intimate and devoted shout out to Mr. King David himself, Dave Kabira. Only 11 days after National Coming Out Day, Dave has a big announcement....he's coming out of the underage closet! He will be celebrating his 21st birthday along the sides of his dearest friends. He confirmed a little bit ago, that if someone drops out I will be allowed to come too, but I have to take the L by myself. Still mad fun will happen at some point this weekend.

The Rat Trap (the on-the-spot made-up name of our apartment) has been voted the hottest hangout south of the Arctic circle by Vogue, Vanity Fair, Time, Esquire, and Highlights Magazine. I personally feel blessed Highlights gave us such an intense shout-out in the page directly following their "Hidden Pictures" page...and if you didn't get that reference, then I'm truly sorry for your loss.

This upcoming week will most likely resemble the resurrection of hell on earth, so if there is any truth to this end of world crap, I'm hoping it pops off Sunday night around 2AM....I'm just kidding God, please I don't want the world to end. I'm really hoping that a good portion of mankind is wrong, and I feel like I got the past and logic on my side, so I think I should be good, but still there's that small percentage that I'm wrong. That stuff truly scares the shit out of me, not cause I'm afraid of dying, but because I don't want to go out being wrong...but really I don't want to die.

Did you guys know I can see the statistics of how many people visit this blog? I'm pretty excited with the amount of you who check this. Thank you. Even if you don't read the whole thing, I feel honored enough just to get a link click, and God knowing I would love to click any of your links any day of the week.


I really want to get into the heart of what I'm here to say. I know I mention Nello D (Fintel Diaries) a lot, but every conversation we have is a fairly good one that I feel many other people in this world would enjoy. I was talking to him a while ago about Mel Gibson, and how awesome he use to be. I know all this stuff about him has been going around since the whole Passion of the Christ ordeal, and probably some before that but I have to say I feel for the guy a little. What I'm not saying, is that I condone some of his comments he's made, but he was one of my favorite action actors to watch growing up, and I have a bit of soft spot for him. I once tweeted "If I had two gay dads I would want them to be Martin Riggs and John McClane." (Do you put something in quotes if you said it?) Well, this is completely true, those of you who don't know who that is: Martin Riggs: Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon movies and John McClane: Bruce Willis in Die Hard movies. Those two guys were awesome, they were quintessential insane bad asses, and epidimity of the crazy cool, and I loved it. Some of you who may know me, know that I grew up idolizing Danny Zuko, The Fonz and Uncle Jesse and that's very true. However, these two guys catered to a different side of me, we need the insanity as much as the sanity. 

I not asking much, just read through some of Mel Gibson's quotes on his IMDB trivia page, and maybe you'll see that guy that we have seen in some pretty poor moments (very very poor moments) is most likely insane, but also human.

And if my Number 1: Robert Downey Jr. aka RDJ aka my bees knees can stand by him, I don't have a problem doing it either.

That's all for tonight. Thanks again for not only being a statistic, but a dear friend that is just a number to me on Facebook or Twitter. Love you all.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

P.S. Ms. Al Paul Happy Birthday you are now officially irrelevant...welcome to the club.

1 comment: