Friday, December 16, 2011

Tis the Season

Season Greetings to all,

Tonight is my final knight shift post of the semester and year.  Seasonal spirits and a new year rapidly approaching, we must remember that a whole lot of shit happened in 2011 and for me to try and summarize it would be sort of like a history lecture. Also, I'm sure VH1, MTV, E!, and Comedy Central will all do a great job of catching you up on the year when new years actually gets close. Still, I think I can capitalize on some of the years bigger events.

First of, "Godsling" was just voted by TIME magazine as "Coolest Person of the Year"...This makes way too much sense to me, if you don't agree feel free to no longer exist. Sandusky definitely touched little kids and showered with them, and contrary to recent statements I'm pretty sure it wasn't to "teach them about hygiene." Osama Bin Laden took a bullet in the face and Obama got to give America it's first ever live-on-air-verbal orgasm. There was a dece amount of protesting, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Wall Street and percentages, although I can't be sure what has happened because all I know is when celebrities get involved, these protests usually lose some credibility. Packers won the bowl, Cardinals won the series, Bruins won the cup, Mavs won the finals and the NBA is full of babies. The Dark Knight Rises was filmed, and could be the most anticipated movie since the 1895 release of The Lumiere Brothers "Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat". That's a film major refrence, so cool! This dude in Libya was pretty insane and is now pretty dead. Egypt had some shit going on. Fear Factor, for some god awful reason has made a come back. If it wasn't for Joe Rogan, I would completely hate that show. Lady Gaga sang for the underdogs of life, and will probably continue into 2012. And Kim Kardashian still sucks.

And more importantly, apparently America just declared the end to the Iraq War, just yesterday. So let's see if that means anything in these next few weeks.

This year has been an interesting one personally as well, but as I start to think of it I sort of feel like voming super hard, so I won't bore any of you with that. The end of year marks the time for new beginnings and a lot of other hallmark sayings. New Year's resolutions are often made like the start of a semester at college, you are first really excited quickly followed by losing interest at the first sign of any effort having to be put into it. I think more so instead of resolutions, you just make mental notes to yourself as to what you're going to try and do less of. For example, "In this new year I am going to try and do less homework and still graduate on time." Don't set the bar very high for yourself, keep it low, try to make minimums for life not maximums. That way if you over succeed your goals, you look pretty effin awesome. Also, I think if everyone just made the resolution "I'm going to try and be less of a piece of shit, asshole, douchebag, dick." I feel this could also do wonders for the world. However, we have a lot of people out there that make it hard to fulfill this resolution, because they make ad campaigns called "Strong."

I also want to touch briefly on Santa...hehehe. I mean Christmas. I enjoy Christmas, regardless of my religious affiliation. I find it to be a wonderful holiday full of cheer, joy, and overall sense of nostalgia. I find it funny though, that I will see and hear these Christmas themed pictures, paintings, music, and movies and they always make me feel nostalgic and joyful. Yet, I just realized how none of these things have ever once described one of my Christmas's. Not one! I look forward to Christmas every year, and it's always the biggest disappointment ever, but I know once again I'm going to go ahead and do the same thing the next year. Look forward to holiday that will most likely disappoint me.

I think the reason I do this though, isn't because I'm cruel to myself (which I definitely am, go back and read some of my posts if you don't believe me) but because I think I'm a hopeful person. I like to like things, and regardless of the shit, I'm going to continue to long for the next Christmas to be that Norman Rockwell painting or that Chirstmas Story or that O' Holiest of Nights. I'm fine with that. If you're like me and realize that Christmas sort of blows pass a certain age, just keep on hoping for next year.

Also, if you're Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Jehovah's Witness, Scientologist, Gary Buseyian, whatever. I honestly hope you have some happy holidays doing whatever it is that you do during this time of year and a fantastic new years. But I ask if you don't care about it then please don't go around dickin' it up for everyone else that does love this time of year. Even the Grinch changed assholes, don't shit on other people's parades because you don't believe what they do, and vice versa. I know Christmas is sort of force fed down people's throats so if you don't like it, I'm sorry that really blows, but none of us are gonna change that, so just try to be a good person anyway.

I hope that you all have a great holiday and time off whatever you do, and have a safe and non-remembered new years. If you read this a lot or just sometimes, or whenever you want I honestly thank you, it's nice to share your thoughts, and I encourage more of you to do, regardless of whether it's written like a vulgar 7-year-old or not.

Also, if you are in Russia reading my blog. Thank you, I probably don't know you, but I always see that there are people from Russia who look at my blog. How cold are you? Is Stalin a touchy subject? Feel free not to answer if "Yes," or if you just don't feel like answering.

I will be back in 2012, January 16th to be exact.  My schedule is Monday and Wednesday mornings, so that is when the blog will start again. I wish I could do like a Mr. Rogers where I can change my clothes in front of you and walk out, but I can't. Anyway good luck and til we meet again...

Night, Nite, Knight
Jarrad

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that I won fantasy baseball 2011.

    See you in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete