Friday, December 9, 2011

Love thy Eachother

Hello everybody,

I have to start this post off with giving a shout out someone very dear to me, and until just recently I haven't realized how much I truly need them in my life. This is someone who, I must admit I have made fun of in the past, but usually beats me to the punch regardless. Not until just the other day did I realize just how lucky I truly am to have him in my life. Also, there was this one time we were spooning in a tent in Munich and I got up because I was so cold and had to go into the giant heated tent, and in the process of me getting ready to leave I may have gotten some sand in his eyes...I'm sorry, although it is one of my favorite stories. "Jarrad, the sand. Jarrad, the sand. The sand, Jarrad! The sand! The sand is in my eyes!"- Mr. Griffin Rawlings Rebecca.

He not only saved one my finals, but he continues to be an asset in my life constantly. Always has he follow through with promises, and is constantly willing to lend a helping hand. He is the man, and I love him.

For the people who are sacks of shit, I will make a list.
1.) Danny "Star-Grillin-Flapstar" Fortuna aka Tuna
2.) Christopher "Hoobastank-Rat" DiNello
3.) ...

That's really about it.

All this brotherly love and relationship appreciation period has made me reflect on other relationships in my life that I definitely have been lacking on recently. Some examples are my family and... Well, I don't see them that often, but when I do I'm usually only with them for the short time I'm with friends. I know I don't see my mother enough or even talk to her enough. I love her, but everytime I start to spend time with her, I regret my decision about 5 seconds in when she somehow relates our completely unreligious, unfaithful, unspiritual activity back to God. In this case, if she heard me say this she would then reply with "God is within us all and constantly apart of our lives." Then I would proceed to think about #4 on my list of hating finals, as she would go back to watching FOX news or Gun Smoke or some shit like that. ( I actually enjoy Gun Smoke, so please don't think I associate that or put it on the same level as FOX news.)

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against God, I just don't want to be reminded about him every 5 seconds. Especially when most of my activities, He would not probably approve of...

The same goes for my grandmother (The one I was talking about fighting in a cage match). Except not about God, most likely it'll be about school or something along those lines that she has known for years, but because she's older now her memory isn't what it used to be. I've had to remind both of my grandparents, every time I go home and seem them, that I go to Loyola because that always seems to fall into the line of questions. Even though, of there 4 total grand children. I am one of 2 left in college, the other being my sister.

It's hard to really appreciate the relationships in your life regardless of the circumstance. I mean I can send a box of chocolates to my brother for sweetest day, but who has the time or money for another bullshit commercial holiday? Besides it comes off a little creepy. Even here, I feel bad when I don't see a friend that I haven't seen in a long time, but it's not because I forgot about them, It's more so I have better shit to do with my life...I'm kidding, obviously. It's because I forget them, but I feel really really bad about it.

People get so mad about shit like LeBron James leaving Cleveland or Albert Pujols leaving the St. Louis, as if any of us have some real human connection with either of them  I'll admit I was pissed when LeBron left, I felt like he wronged me, forgot about me. He doesn't know me and/or give a shit about me. So why should any of us get mad when they leave? Get mad when you lose someone who is actually tangible to you, and close to you, that causes for a legitimate cry sesh.

For that I propose a heartfelt suggestion. Treat everyone you haven't seen in a while and the ones you have like you're drunk. I don't mean the physical portion of the drunk, just try to mimic the affection behind your hugs, high fives, butt bumps, manly fists pounds, or whatever you do to show that. Unless you're a violent, mean drunk, I'll tell you right now no one likes you and  they will continue to not like you unless you try to be less of that.

I mean try to see people as if you were a happy drunk. It's sort of like "Dance like nobody's watching," which translates to me "Dance like you're drunk," except in this instance love each other. Those of you who know me on a personal level, know I'm a little overly affectionate when I have drank some. I apologize if that makes you uncomfortable, but I want people to feel appreciated. I'm a big fan of the euro kiss, and do it to a lot of people...even some people I just met...which isn't always received as well as I hoped. Still, I try to love everyone because it's fun, nice, and easier than hating everyone.

If you do want to hate everyone, than dick off.

Remember even if you act like you're drunk with loving another, just know you will get A LOT of sober stares, but just remember it's not only for you it's for them.

So Griff thank you again, and Capades for leading me in the right direction with this post.

Have a solid weekend, and I will be back on Tuesday night.

Night, Nite, Knight,
Jarrad

1 comment:

  1. Are you suggesting everyone should be an alcoholic? I'm not so sure this blog is healthy...

    ReplyDelete